Friday, January 2, 2009

the surreal soundtrack of China (for Shannon)

Shannon asked me what I've been listening to, in the new year, here in China. So, in the spirit of authenticity, here are the first 25 songs that are playing randomly from my Itunes library this morning as I choke down Chinese cold medicine. My favorite random ordering from this list? Moonlight Sonata followed by Sly & The Family Stone. Enjoy.

Honey Child What Can I Do? Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
La Strada del Bosco Luciano Virgili
You Know I’m No Good Amy Winehouse
Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before The Smiths
Rick Kick Shaw Cecil Taylor
Tell Me in the Morning Cold War Kids
Ran Kan Kan Buena Vista Social Club
I Wish I Was the Moon Neko Case
Mo ve’la bella mia de la muntagna Matteo Salvatore
Black Satin The Raveonettes
Tell It To Me Old Crow Medicine Show
Gigantic The Pixies
Modern Romance Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Cheap and Cheerful The Kills
Uncle John’s Band Indigo Girls
Rebel, Rebel David Bowie
I Guess That’s Why They Call it The Blues Elton John
Textbook Love Fleet Foxes
Hospital Beds Cold War Kids
Moonlight Sonata Beethoven
If You Want Me to Stay Sly and The Family Stone
Serenade for Piano & Violin Schubert
Dusty Wreath Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
Stay Cool The Roots
Pretty (Ugly Before) Elliott Smith

No comments: